It’s a pity for any cruise enthusiast who hasn’t been to 3 paradise beaches in Cambodia. Together with Vietnam to Cambodia river cruises, these beaches are also what you should experience once travelling to Southeast Asia.
In recent years, Cambodia with the three “Paradise Beaches” of Sihanoukville, Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem already attracts many tourists. Easy transfer, inexpensive cost and especially fresh blue sea which is no less beautiful than paradise Maldives, it is worth the trip this summer!
If you are still confused about what to prepare, how to go… to get to this paradise in Cambodia, then read the following post by Ho Dac Thanh Huy. His trip to Cambodia 1 month ago are getting close to 4.000 likes on social networks and countless shimmering images, surely will help you get a great experience!
Day 1: Saigon – Ha Tien – Shihanoukville
– Buy Kumho bus tickets at Mien Tay (Western) bus station (sleeper bed – USD 7/ person). Departure at 9:30 PM, arrival in Ha Tien at about 5 AM. Shuttle bus will take you to the meeting point to go to the border.
– If you travel in a group of 4-6 people, you can hire a 7 seat car to transfer for most convenient. Huy’s group of 5 people booked a 7 seat car of VietCamThai (USD 14 / person) + USD 5 / person for exit fee and health checks. Very convenient!
– Now you can buy boat tickets to the island in advance here. Ticket price is USD 20 / person for speed boat (45 minutes) or USD 25 / person for slow boat.
– It takes about 3 hours for the journey from Ha Tien to Shihanoukville. In Shihanouk, Huy’s group booked the OC Hotel at USD 60 / room with breakfast. Here, you can stroll to the beach and enjoy seafood. In the evening, you can drink some beer and enjoy fireworks on the beach.
Day 2: Shihanouk – Koh Rong Samloem
– Use the boat tickets that you bought yesterday to get to Koh Rong Samloem. This is roundtrip speed boat tickets, including 2 parts. Remember the keep the 2nd part for the day coming back.
– The boat will stop at the Samloem pier. Here, there are many resorts and hotels to choose from (you should book in advance on some online systems). The hotel Huy booked was The One Rerost with 1 bungalow for 5 people, from USD 140 / Bungalow / 5 person.
– Koh Rong Samloem almost uninhabited, running along the beach are resort, so this one is extremely private and quiet. The white sand, clear water, shallow and extremely safe beach is wonderful. In the afternoon you can go along the beach to enjoy sunset. Early in the morning is the best time for you to enjoy sunrise on a swing. At noon you can swim then enjoy a coconut water – such a great experience!
Day 3: Koh Rong Samloem – Koh Rong
– Cano will take you to the pier for the speed boat to Koh Rong island. It takes about 15 minutes from Samloem to Koh Rong, costing USD 5 / person.
– If Samloem is a quiet and romantic island, Koh Rong is a bustling and noisier place. The beach in Koh Rong is not as clean as Samloem’s.
– There are 2 options to enjoy Koh Rong: the first is sailing around the island and scuba diving; the second is playing High Point. High Point is a challenging game with some difficult and risky activities (walking on a tightrope, balancing on a plank, zip lining…) Despite the protective gear, many people are still scared to play for the first time.
The last station of High Point is where you can stand on the peak of an ancient tree and enjoy panoramic view over Koh Rong island from above, then slide the zip line to the end of the game, sliding distance is around 400 meters and about 150m high above the ground. Very interesting! Prices included insurance services is USD 25 / person.
– In the afternoon you can swim, then go to the centre in the evening for beer, dinner and live music.
Day 4: Koh Rong – Shihanouk – Ha Tien – Saigon
– The boat will come to pick you up back to the mainland at 10:00 am, so you have to be ready. Next boat would be at 12.00, which can affect your departure time at the border.
– You will arrive in Ha Tien at 16:00, then take the bus to Saigon at 19:00.
» Source: Mekong River Cruises